You are viewing a post in my archives!
Visit my current blog at: http://www.gaalcreative.com
Hello! Today I would like to share a video tutorial on how to make a gorgeous, iridescent pendant and flower embellishment using Angelina Film and ultra thick embossing enamel (UTEE).
To me, the results look like faux fused glass. I’ve seen dichroic glass fused with molds that have similar iridescence, shimmer, and shine. I also love the way the surface seems engraved or carved. In jewelry like this pendant, this process is called “intaglio” and it is seen as the opposite of a cameo or relief.
This video is just under 30 minutes long. I included the parts where things didn’t go as planned, so that you can see how I fixed problems as they came up. Art is not necessarily a smooth process!
Please know that you do not have to include as many layers of UTEE as I did in the video. About 3 layers of UTEE to start off with, so that you get to that smooth glossy coverage, then the Angelina film, then 1 to 3 more layers of UTEE is all you really need. Experiment to find out what you like!
- Cut a piece of Angelina Film slightly larger than your item
- Adhere item to craft stick temporarily with repositionable adhesive (and apply gesso if needed)
- Select the stamp you want to use
- Apply watermark ink to the stamp so it will release UTEE later
- Multiple layers of UTEE with Angelina Film sandwiched in the middle
- While UTEE is still warm, press item into the stamp that has been watermark inked
- When cool remove from stamp, trim, and embellish
- Angelina Film
- chipboard and gesso OR Memory Glass and Memory Frame
- ultra thick embossing enamel (UTEE)
- craft sticks
- repositionable adhesive
- heat tool
- rubber or clear stamp of your choice
- Versamark watermark ink (or a similar ink of your choice)
- safety tool: plastic, silicone, or wood tongs, tweezers, or spatula
- heat resistant surface like a non-stick craft sheet
How would you use the pendant?
What’s your favorite way to use Angelina Film?
I hope you enjoyed this video! Please take a moment to leave me a comment – it makes my day to hear from you! ♥
Thanks for stopping by!