Thinking Inking Revisited Tags Set 1

(Click here to see a larger version.)

You are viewing a post in my archives!
Visit my current blog at: http://www.gaalcreative.com

Hi there! Last year, Jennifer McGuire ran a free 9-week class at Two Peas in a Bucket called Thinking Inking. Recently, my friend, Jan of Far North Designs, suggested revisiting these free classes and trying out the techniques on tags.

I’ve been missing my crafty room

I’ve been itching to get back into my crafty room! My recovery from surgery is going well and I can sit up for long periods of time. But my belly still gets a bit swollen during the day, and I have to rest it for a while in the afternoons.

Doing crafty projects means that I am not just sitting up, but sitting forward, smooshing the belly. Which makes it mad! So, I can only play once in a while for a short time. These tags sounded like a perfect project!

Techniques in each Thinking Inking video

During the first week of Thinking Inking, Jennifer shared 3 videos full of techniques about using Distress Inks from Ranger. I re-watched the videos and made notes and there are quite a few techniques to choose from!

Here is a list of at least 15 ways to use Distress Ink, as shown in the videos:

11. Watercolor stamping with Distress Ink
12. Distress Ink on cork

Week 1 – Part 3: Watercolor Backgrounds & More Stamping

13. Basic watercolor backgrounds
14. Watercolor background swirled with paintbrush
15. Watercolor background with flicked Perfect Pearls
16. Watercolor stamping (revisited)
17. Edging with Distress Ink (revisited)
18. Cleaning stamp mounts
19. Mounting long clear stamps so they are straight
20. Second generation watercolor stamping

Distress Inks are a favorite topic here

One of the most-read posts on this blog is about pages in my Color Journal showing Distress Inks. So I know you like ’em! If you haven’t taken advantage of these free video lessons from Jennifer, I strongly recommend that you do!

Thanks for stopping by!

{ 9 appreciated comments }

1 mar July 26, 2010 at 8:26 am

love these tags!
informative post!!
i wouldn’t have thought 15 things to do

2 JanJ July 26, 2010 at 10:43 am

Anne so very glad you are able to join in the challenge since I enjoy seeing your fabulous creations! As for me I love Ranger products and distress inks are definitely my go to inks but stamping on cork is still on my “do try soon” list. I love that there is always more to learn with stamping and so I will be stopping by to see your posts.

3 Barb :) July 26, 2010 at 10:50 am

Love your tags, Anne! They turned out beautifully!

4 Dawn T July 26, 2010 at 5:12 pm

Your tags are a great way to try out the techniques. I LOVE distress inks and have nearly 3/4’s of all the colours now. So versatile. I enjoyed the Jennifer McGuire videos and have them bookmarked and revisit often when I need an idea. My favourite at the moment is to sponge on with Tim Holtz tool and then spray with pearlised water. So effective

5 debbie July 26, 2010 at 6:49 pm

love the beautiful colors in your tags. Glad you are on the road to recovery. don’t overdo it!

6 Tomo H. July 27, 2010 at 2:05 am

Hi, Anne! This post was worth reading! and your tags are so cool!!! Love them! :)
I sometimes try several techniques in my memory among the thinking inking class last year at the 2 peas – that was a treasure box filled with great ideas for me. Okay, I want to revisit there and enjoyed it when my time allows. Thanks for your great post!

And glad to know that your recovery after the surgery goes well. But, Anne, take some rest sometimes, please! ;)
Hugs, Tomo

7 kelly Booth July 29, 2010 at 10:26 am

Love these Anne…so Pretty!!

8 Jill Foster August 2, 2010 at 11:47 am

Awesome post! Hope you continue to recover quickly! HUGS!

9 Sue McG August 3, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Beautiful tags Anne, wishing you a smooth recovery from that surgery!

Previous post: